My Zimbio
Top Stories Brother P-touch Labels and P-touch Tapes
Free web directory TTRA2008 Directory G0lfs DHIN - WorldWide Directory Shopping  and Fashion Top Blogs Wedding Enrichments: 9 out of 10 People Claim to be a Wedding Photographer

Saturday, December 13, 2008

9 out of 10 People Claim to be a Wedding Photographer

Does it drive you crazy as much as it drives me bonkers? I cannot stand it when everyone and their brother says that they can shoot your wedding for you.

You Tell your friend, Joe, "We're looking for a wedding photographer, do you know anyone?" Joe replies, "yeah, my brother's roomate's friend from highschool takes excellent pictures of cool nature stuff.... and to be honest, I'm not to bad myself. It would certainly save you a lot of money." You agree to Joe's suggestion, end of saving 100's of dollars, but when the pictures come back from the wedding.... oops!

Photography, especially at weddings, takes skill, leadership, a good eye, and focus (not to mention a little experience, but I gues you gotta start somewhere). I was talking to a friend of mine about this yesterday. He is wanting to start his own photography business, but he knows that he has the skill and know-how to be a professional. I agree with him. I've seen some of his stuff and he definitely has "the eye" for it- something I, however, was not gifted with. Buying a new expensive Nikon or Olympus camera does not automatically give you an eye for taking good pictures. Trust me, I know.

My friend and I agreed that the photography market is becoming more saturated with mediocre photographers because people are trying to save a few pennies. Now, I'm all about saving a few pennies here and there in life, but when it comes to a wedding- that's one thing in life you want to do a little splurging on. I mean, it only comes around once a life time (God willing).

People complain about professional photography being way too expensive for only a half day of work. Well, let me put this into perspective for you. You've already spent good money on your, wedding decorations, personalized wedding favors for you wedding party, and other wedding accessories, why leave out one of the most important elements? The wedding photographer. After all, you wedding decorations and wedding accessories make your wedding special and personalized, but your wedding photos will help remind you of that perfect day for many years to come.

And not only is it a good investment for the future, but a professional photographer will spend many hours editing and screening his pictures before he show them to you. Average Joe with the new expensive camera will copy and paste them to a cd and give them for you to pick through.

Dont settle for mediocre photography. Find a professional who can bring the leadership needed in order to keep the family pictures moving smoothly, who has the skill to get unique quality pictures, and who takes the time to bring you the pictures that will last a lifetime.

-Griff Hanning

No comments: