My Zimbio
Top Stories Brother P-touch Labels and P-touch Tapes
Free web directory TTRA2008 Directory G0lfs DHIN - WorldWide Directory Shopping  and Fashion Top Blogs Wedding Enrichments: Shoes For Your Wedding

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Shoes For Your Wedding

Finding the perfect pair of wedding shoes doesn't have to be difficult, but you do need to be smart. Be careful when you are choosing this particular wedding accessory! Having the right pair of shoes can make a huge difference.

Sure, a pair of 4" heals might look nice with the dress and might look cute on your feet, but when you are standing on your feet for hours on your wedding day you might feel differently about them. You want to be able to focus on your groom, the guests, and the celebration, not on your feet!

You also want to make sure you are not distracted the whole time with trying to keep your balance as you teeter down the isle or as you greet your guests. You might consider another option. There are plenty cute shoes that are comfortable as well as stylish. Many brides wear white satin ballet flats, wedding flip flops or sneakers. You can even find personalized wedding tennis shoes.

Don't forget to think about the fabric when picking your shoes. Fabrics like silk can stain easily in grass or on wet ground. Leather or velvet shoes might be too hot for a summer wedding and lace might be too cool for a winter wedding. There are many fabrics to choose from, but you need to think about the practicality of the material as well as the look and feel of the shoe.

When I was shopping for shoes I was limited because I choose a dress with beading at the bottom that hindered it from being hemmed. I decided to choose shoes with a tall heal so that my dress would not drag. I ended up distracted with aching feet by the end of the night! If I was going to do it again, I would have either picked a different dress or figured out another alternative, but it was good that I waited till after I had the dress so that I could get shoes that worked with the dress. Many brides pick shoes and then the embellishments don't match or the style or color doesn't match.

Don't make the same mistakes that other brides have made in the past. Be smart about your shoe shopping by keeping these factors in mind so that you end up with the perfect pair of shoes for your special day!

No comments: